Reliance has recently made its entry into the e-Commerce platform with JioMart as its first move to compete against the giant Amazon India.
They have also signed a $5.7 billion deal with Facebook in an attempt to take the JioMart to the next level.
You can purchase the groceries and several other household items from the JioMart mobile app as well as the official website.
The ordered items from the JioMart store will be delivered free of cost to your doorstep.
As of now, Reliance JioMart online option is available in the selected cities – Chandigarh, Dehradun, Gwalior, Ludhiana, Kota and Surat.
However, it will soon be available for the other cities like Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, etc…, followed by the rest of the country,
The Reliance JioMart functions on a O20 (Online to Offline) business model, which means that you can place the orders directly on their website or app and get the products from your local store by hand or through a free delivery option.
The company is planning to connect 3 crore offline retailers with over 20 crore online customers in India.
Benefits of JioMart Online Shopping
There are many benefits of shopping on the JioMart store when compared to the other e-Commerce sites like Amazon.in, Flipkart.com, PayTM etc…
- Over 50000+ grocery items
- No minimum order value
- Free deliver to your address
- Express delivery option
- Savings up to ₹3000 worth at the launch
- Easy return policy without any questions asked
- Online or Offline shopping option
It is very easy to sign up for a JioMart account and all you need is your mobile number, which when entered will send you an OTP for confirmation.
Once done, you’ll be able to add your Name and Shipping Address in the profile section, before actually making your first purchase.
Before ordering, please check whether they are delivering to your area or not by simply entering your pin code in the search bar.
Ordering the groceries from the Reliance JioMart website is a pretty straightforward process. Just follow the below steps to make your first purchase on the website.
- Visit www.JioMart.com in your browser
- Once opened, first enter your PIN code to check whether the delivery service is available to your area or not.
- If yes, simply sign in with your registered mobile number.
- Add your preferred products from various categories to the cart.
- Once you added all the products you needed, simply click on the ‘Cart’ icon that is found on the right top hand side.
- Enter your delivery address (if not added before while registering)
- Choose the ‘Payment’ option (Netbanking, Credit/Debit Card, e-Wallets or Cash on Delivery)
- Make the payment and your order is placed.
That’s it! You’ll receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile that the order is placed.
This is another option for those who wanted to order groceries from Jio Mart through their Smartphone.
People living in and around Kalyan, Thane and Navi Mumbai near Mumbai can avail this WhatsApp service to order groceries from their nearest stores from their mobile.
- First save the official JioMart number (8850008000) to your mobile contacts.
- Open the ‘WhatsApp’ on your mobile and send a ‘Hi’ message to JioMart number.
- You’ll be greeted with an automated welcome message in 30 minutes or less with a link to fill all your details like name, address and phone number etc…
- Note that the link is valid only for 30 minutes and if you fail to register yourself within that period, you will need to send the ‘Hi’ message again to get a new link as the old URL will be expired.
- Once you fill all your details, you’ll be listed with all the available products in your area.
- Choose the items that you wanted to order and hit ‘Place Order’.
That’s it! Your merchant (local store) will get the order update and you’ll be notified when your order is ready for pickup or delivery (whatever you prefer).
You can then go to the store, make the payment and collect your ordered groceries directly by hand.
This saves a lot of time waiting in the queues at the counter as you can directly collect your JioMart order without any fuss.
They are also planning to launch free home delivery, express delivery and ‘never before savings’ offers once their mobile apps are launched.
How Do I Contact JioMart Customer Care?
In case of any issues with your order, payment or to complain, you can always contact the JioMart customer care team through the below options:
- Phone Call: 022 61 220 220 (between 8:00 am & 8:00 pm on all days of the week)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet: @JioMart_Support
How to Register on JioMart as a Retailer or Seller?
If you’re an offline retailer and want to become a seller on the JioMart store, then you can register yourself on the mobile app that is to be launched soon.
Once you’re registered, you can list your inventory on the JioMart app and manage your sales easily.
Just wait for the app to be launched, which may happen very soon and we’ll update the exact step-by-step registration process then. Stay tuned.